Regional Safety Manager Mid-Atlantic
Position Summary: Primarily responsible for providing effective safety management services for all Region and Field employees by utilizing excellent workplace safety problem solving and relationship skills. Proactively applies an in-depth knowledge of safety regulations/standards as well as Hertz policies and procedures, and knowledge of company products and services. Advises and assists Region Staff, and Field employees on safety and health matters.
General Purpose: Safety management, safety training.
- Partners with region staff to provide location employees direction and service as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Addresses safety issues and ensures long term strategic support of region’s business objectives.
- Develops systems and controls to ensure compliance with legal and Hertz standards.
- Supports the Region staff to evaluate their safety program, develop corrective action plans, and carry out/follow-up action plans. Evaluates status of progress toward meeting safety program objectives and initiates appropriate actions.
- Assists the region at all levels with management, preparation and delivery of formal safety training to Hertz employees and customers at customer locations Hertz locations.
- Motivate and develop Field Management to sustain Hertz’ behavior based safety program across scope of operation.
- Supports Senior Management’s commitment to corporate social responsibility and expected performance of program.
- Manages and communicates Regulatory Agency inspections or site visits to Senior Management.
- Interprets legal requirements of safety and health aspects of applicable guidelines and regulations, and initiates actions for correction of deficiencies.
- Conducts/Coordinates annual Location Safety Evaluations, prepares detailed reports, assists location management with action plan development and conducts follow-up until complete.
- Evaluates and conducts serious employee accident investigations, and corrective actions.
- Prepares Region Accident Trend Analysis, assists in accident trends analysis with Region, recommends prevention strategies and communicates to locations.
- Acts as Region Workers’ Compensation Coordinator (Return-to-Work Coordinator). Monitors Workers’ Compensation claim progress/cost, advises locations, analyzes trends and prepares reports. Promotes employee’s safe return to work utilizing Alternate and Transitional duties.
- Liaison as necessary with other internal departments or external organizations/relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Assists in the safety requirements at location startups.
- Promotes/Monitors/Administrates Division Safety Incentive Program by tracking Observation/Intervention, Accidents and Training requirement compliance. Checks and processes reward requests.
- Develops personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere such as meetings, conferences, seminars as determined by Division Safety.
- Other projects as designated by Division Safety Director.
Reporting To This Position: None but subject to dotted line reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, stoop, stretch or similar movements, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The work requires some degree of agility and dexterity when inspecting equipment. Employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work may involve temperature extremes. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.