The Enterprise Data Architect is the primary authority for data strategy relative to a domain. With the requisite knowledge to work across data and provide strategic direction for data management, database development, data warehouse, application development, reporting, analytics and big data strategies. The Data Architect works with business, stakeholders, subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the data strategy, processes, information, and data assets. The role of Data Architecture is to be a data entrepreneur leading the transformation of the data structure of historical business data, extract meaning out of data, create a consolidated proprietary core data model and drive the future of this company. They are responsible for using visionary skills to explore innovation, strategically plan and execute data architectures that align with the strategic goals and vision of the business.
Key Result Areas:
- The Data Architect relies on continuous feedback, fosters adaptive design and data engineering practices, and drives collaboration of programs and teams around a common technical vision. The Data Architect operates across organizational and computing "silos" to drive common approaches and expose data assets and processes across the enterprise. Their goal is to deliver a data model and data architecture that supports the most efficient and secure data environment meeting the company's business needs. They are responsible for delivering a holistic data architecture that allows both the Business and data strategies to cohesively enable and drive each other.
- The purpose is to establish and maintain a global data architectural framework across the organization. The Sr Director has a span of influence relative to a domain (databases, application, solutions, data governance, data management, security, etc.) considering the near term and long term data horizons.
- Assess global data needs on projects and systems and recommend data architectural solutions matching company strategies and architectural principles. This effort leads to a unified data architectural solution which is efficient in cost, low in complexity, and provides a stable platform from which enterprise can support the company’s strategy both in the near term and future state.
- Assess and plan for the organization’s future needs. Prepare governing principles and standards to guide future decision making pertinent to data domain. Develop an implementation plan for architecture on the basis of data strategies and business requirements. Recommend and implement process changes to improve data architecture practices and domain-related management issues.
- Work closely with other architects in applications, solutions, OLAP and OLTP applications to develop data architecture suitable for their business needs and that provides scalable, reliable, secure and high availability data solutions.
- Gather knowledge out from historical and various data sources, put context to the data and provide evidence to support company’s strategic visions and goals.
- Develop and manage the processes, controls and technical and data solutions necessary for an effective data architectural function. Responsible for improving all SDLC phases and activities for data projects.
- Build and lead a high performance team distributed across different departments focused on data management.
- Work closely with the analytics team and Data Sciences group to understand requirements, design and develop database architecture for reporting/analytics
- Perform capacity planning to ensure data solutions provide high available, scalable and secure data solutions. Design and implement best practice standards and performance metrics for the data architecture and report on them regularly.
- Ensure documentation of the data design and data flow work. Develop and maintain a tactical implementation plan to address all elements of the data architecture.
- Develop partnerships/relationships with AppDev, business partners, data analysts, DBAs, and vendors. Act as a sounding board as well as data consultant to business leaders to develop data solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.