The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team player to join our team as an Mechanic for the Detroit Metro Airport location
Duties include mechanical and warranty repairs, troubleshooting mechanical issues and various automotive systems, changing oil, changing tires, and 13-point inspections. Applicants must have an assortment of tools and a toolbox to keep them in. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent education required.
· Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues with various automotive system
· Knowledge of brakes, drive train, electrical components, vacuum systems, and body.
· Ability with some supervision to use computer-based diagnostic systems
· Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is required
· Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
· Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
· Must be at least 20 years of age
· Valid Driver's License with clean motor vehicle record
· Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired.