The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for reviewing the output of the Tax Analyst/Associate who file and pay sales/use/property tax and business licenses as well as gather and process the information into the tax return software and other systems.
This position will also update software set up/rules for changes in tax laws that require changes in taxing for billing purposes.
The Senior Tax Analyst will also perform the above duties for those jurisdictions assigned by the Director and will assist on special projects such as implementations and testing necessary for various Tax Department initiatives. This person will also perform research and assist with any acquisition transitions.
In addition, this role may provide training and guidance to the Tax Analyst/Associate and assign them certain tasks if necessary and provide the Director with input during the performance review process as it relates to those roles.
- (10%) Timely review of Tax Analysts output to ensure accuracy preparation, filing and payment of taxes.
- (20%) Review/Prepare General Ledger Account reconciliations and analysis pertaining to taxes.
- (20%) Improve processes within the Tax Department to enhance accuracy and timeliness of preparation, filings and payments including updating Vertex when necessary.
- (40%) Timely and accurately prepare file and pay all taxes for jurisdictions assigned by the Director.
- (10%) Perform research as necessary regarding taxation of new business lines, products and law changes.
- This position requires the ability to determine issues based on fact situations and how those issues and facts may impact the sales/use tax compliance function and /or liability of Donlen or our customers.
- This position has a moderate impact to the business due to the customer billing issues that arise and the potential for business system changes due to law and compliance requirements.
- This position requires the ability to interact with other personnel from other departments as well as outside of Donlen to resolve issues.
- This position requires experience with Vertex O Series and Vertex Returns software.
- This position requires the ability to potentially lead a team of 1-2 members by reviewing completed work, answering various questions they may have and ensuring that they comply to departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 year experiences in sales/use tax compliance in a multi-state environment preferably within the vehicle / equipment leasing industry.
- Experience with Word, Excel, J.D. Edwards, and Vertex O Series and Returns
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as work load requires.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills.
Donlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.