- Responsible for completion of state sales/use tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Interpret tax law as it relates to Donlen’s business operations/products
- Knowledge of various lease structure and its affect both on tax and accounting
- The ability to review tax code and advise on improved setup and opportunities
- Oversight of the tax returns for company subsidiaries
- Responsible for Property tax functions
- Responsible for audits by state and local authorities
- Supervise professional and clerical staff
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for sale/use and Personal Property Tax
- Department liaison with IT staff on all technical matters related to tax applications
- Assisting VP of Accounting Operations with tax planning issues as required
- Perform tax research
- Work with parent company to insure compliance in Franchise and Income tax
- Facilitate system improvements for tax
- Facilitate tax opportunities
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and 10 years related experience and/or training. MST degree, Automobile leasing, international tax and Vertex “O” series a plus. Must have demonstrated hands on approach and success in working in a team based environment
- Manages three employees in the tax department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of tax. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Donlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Donlen is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Donlen is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed